User Tools

Site Tools



Meeting 15 of the 6. PPEU board 3.11.2021, 19:00 CET/18:00 UTC

Members of the Board
C: Mikuláš Peksa (PP-CZ, PP-DE)
VC: Florie Marie (PP-FR)
VC: Katla Hólm Þórhildardóttir (PP-IS)
TR: Sebastian Krone (PP-DE), (PP-AT), (PP-CH)
BM: Alessandro Ciofini (PP-IT) (PP-SE) (Pirati)
BM: Jan Mareš (PP-CZ)
BM: Lukáš Doležal (PP-CZ)
BM: Mia Utz (PP-DE)
BM: Oliver Herzig (PP-DE), (PP-CAT)

Meeting opened at: 19:15 CET
Meeting chaired by: Mikuláš
Secretary for this meeting: Alessandro (among others)
Recording: recording started at 19:05 CET
Link to the recording:


C: Mikuláš Peksa (PP-CZ, PP-DE)
VC: Katla Hólm Þórhildardóttir
TR: Sebastian Krone (PP-DE), (PP-AT), (PP-CH)
BM: Mia Utz (PP-DE)
BM: Alessandro Ciofini (PP-IT) (PP-SE) (Pirati)
BM: Lukáš Doležal (PP-CZ)
BM: Jan Mareš (PP-CZ)


Not excused:
VC: Florie Marie (PP-FR)
BM: Oliver Herzig (PP-DE), (PP-CAT)


0.1. Approval of the agenda:
0.2. Approval of the minutes of the last meeting:
1. Short reports of the activity
2. Tasks from the previous meetings:
3. Working group meetings
4. Party enlargment process
5. Registration as a European political party
6. Council meeting
7. Any other business
8. Next Meeting / Session End

60 minutes max. as meeting time

0.1. Approval of the agenda:
Yes: Mikuláš, Bastian, Lukáš, Alessandro, Mia, Katla

Agenda is approved.

0.2. Approval of the minutes of the last meeting
Yes: Bastian, Mia, Alessandro, Katla
Abstain: Mikuláš, Lukáš, Jan
Minutes are approved.

1. Short reports of the activity
C: Mikuláš Peksa:
Just apologise to not be able to participate to last BM.

VC: Florie Marie:
Not present

VC: Katla Hólm Þórhildardóttir:
Nothing to report.

TR: Sebastian Krone:
Technical support
Work on the PPEU Wiki
PPEU Council-Meeting Wikipages created
Work on the PPEU website
Treasurer’s business
31.10.2021 “Brandung-Live” #50 (anniversary)
- Review of the last 4 years Pirate Movement in Germany, PPI and PPEU

BM: Alessandro Ciofini:
Started a new “pirate” activity in Italy, with Pirati and other organisations, call for act for Nov. 13rd: Privacy Pride (PP).
We are organising demostrations in all major cities (Rome, Milan, Turin, etc…)
It would be great if we can have also some social media coverage from PP-EU ( and
This will be the first public demostration in Italy regarding privacy topic.

BM: Jan Mareš:

BM: Lukáš Doležal:
Social media posts regarding elections in
🇮🇸 Iceland -,
🇩🇪 Germany -,

Thank you post -,

🇨🇿 Czech Republic -,

BM: Mia Utz:
Nothing important to report

BM: Oliver Herzig:
not present

2. Tasks from the previous meetings

3. Working group meetings
Nothing to report

4. Party enlargement process
Meeting with Alternativet from Denmark will happen on 18 November 15:00 CET
Second meeting with POL from Romania is being organized
5. Registration as a European political party
We obtained the necessary registration forms from the Authority for European Political Parties and Foundations (APPF)
The European Parliament report urging the Commission to update (ease) the registration criteria for EU political parties passed the AFCO committee, plenary vote is scheduled for mid-November
The Commission will have to come up with a proposal before the next European elections
Mikuláš is now speaking.
Talking about legal entities, if we succeed in the process we will have two types of legal entities (not loosing the first one, just adding the second one).
About regional parliamenties, authorities consider them if they have some “legislative” power.
German federal states would count, Czech ones not. Austria would fit also.
Spain (including Cataluna) will also count.
One more important thing: different between observer and effective members do not count. They consider EU political parties in the way they can influence political policies in the association itself.
So, if observer members cannot vote this could be a problem later on.
Also Romanian party, if they will join the would like to contribute to the association life.
Bastian points out that the right of vote is not the only way to influence association policy, even without voting.
Honza is asking if some of the Estern European Parliaments are valid for the purpose?
Mikuláš would propose to propose this topic to next CM agenda.
Mikuláš would also like to propose three proposals to next CM

6. Council meeting
Upcoming council meeting on 27th/28th of Nov. 2021
Mikuláš realises that invitation for next BM has been sent our 3 days later.
Our Statues also allows to shorten this period for special reasons.
That's an open question.
Katla agrees to shorthen the period
Also Alessandro agrees
Bastian says that we now have a problem and it is better to postpone the date of the next CM: it will be more efficient
Mikuláš remembers that we have the same issue in the past with nominations, so we can do it again
Also noticed that we will have a short time for admitting some new members
Katla would love an onsite meeting
Bastian thinks that an online meeting in Winter is much more safe
Katla also agrees

- November - Lukáš, Alessandro
- December - Jan
- January - Mikuláš, Mia, Alessandro, Bastian, Katla

So now dates for January

Official motion
Due to all above reasons, next meeting will be postponed to next January 22nd, 23rd, 2022

None objects.

Regarding the agenda, we should have:
- registration process
- budget 2021/22
- nominations

Council meeting staff: Bastian proposes to chair this working group.
1. Meeting 24.11.2021 18:00 CET / before the board meeting

7. Any other business
Bastian would like to know what's going on in Czechia.
Mikuláš is explaining
Pirates received only 4 seats because they were wiped out by preferential voting.
8. Next Meeting / Session End**
Next meeting: 24.11.2021 - 19:00 CET / 18:00 UTC
Meeting closed at 20:27 CET / UTC

/var/www/ · Last modified: 2021/11/03 19:38 by bastian