User Tools

Site Tools



Meeting 4 of the 7. PPEU board 21.4.2022, 20:00 CEST/18:00 UTC

Members of the Board
C: Mikuláš Peksa (PP-CZ, PP-DE)
VC: Florie Marie (PP-FR)
VC: Alessandro Ciofini (PP-SE)
TR: Sebastian Krone (PP-DE), (PP-AT), (PP-CH)
BM: Jasmin Feratovic (PP-SI)
BM: Jan Mareš (PP-CZ)
BM: Cedric Levieux (PP-FR)
BM: Etienne Evelin (PP-FR)
BM: Petr Kocourek (PP-CZ)

Meeting opened at: CEST
Meeting chaired by: Mikuláš Peksa
Secretary for this meeting: Alessandro Ciofini, Etienne Evelin
Recording: recording started at 20:08 CEST
Link to the recording:

Participants: C: Mikuláš Peksa (PP-CZ, PP-DE)
VC: Florie Marie (PP-FR) (Joined at 21:18)
VC: Alessandro Ciofini (PP-SE)
TR: Sebastian Krone (PP-DE), (PP-AT), (PP-CH)
BM: Cedric Levieux (PP-FR)
BM: Etienne Evelin (PP-FR)
BM: Petr Kocourek (PP-CZ)
BM: Jan Mareš (PP-CZ)

BM: Jasmin Feratovic (PP-SI)

Not excused:

Rodolphe Doité(PP-FR)

0.1. Approval of the agenda
0.2. Approval of the minutes of the last meeting

Next Council Meeing organisation
2021 and 2022 invoices for membership fees issue
PPEU mailing lists issue
Discourse installation
RoP: reviewing process
Change of European Election Law
Next meeting / schedule

60 minutes max. as meeting time

Minutes: 0.1. Approval of the agenda:
Yes: Etienne, Petr, Alessandro, Cedric, Mikuláš, Bastian

Agenda is approved.

0.2. Approval of the minutes of the last meeting
Yes: Cedric, Alessandro, Petr, Bastian
Abstain: Etienne, Mikuláš
Minutes are approved.

1. Next Council meeting organization

Mikuláš : Need to be announced on social media.
Alessandro : We can just have a one day meeting. The agenda is light except if we've something last minute. We can sent the agenda to see if members have reviews on it.
Mikuláš : We were suppose to elect the CoCC but I don't think that we have any progress from last time. We need minutes takers, streaming…
Bastian : W have template to make it more easy. I can manage the streaming.
Alessandro : We need to have several minutes takers. Dario won't be there so we need to handle the vote by an other way that the PPCAT app.
Mikuláš : We have no candidates for the CoCC so far. This is an issue. I can take care of the chairing. We can do a rotation so we need to have volunteer.
Petr : I can help for minutes taking.
Cédric : You can count on me to help to chair.
Mikuláš : We can ask if there is other volunteer at the begining of the meeting.
Bastian : We have nothing on the wiki.
Mikuláš : It's an issue indeed.
Alessandro : I can update the wiki.
Mikuláš : Team should meet at 9h30 to organize everything.

Conclusion of task repartition :
- Chairs: Mikuláš, Cédric
- Minutes taking : Alessandro, Petr
- Streaming : Bastian

2. 2021 and 2022 invoices for membership fees issue

Etienne : Several members did not receive the invoice for the fees. That maybe why so few members have paid so far.
Bastian : I sent the invoice for France to their official email address.
Cédric : In fact, I trust Bastian on sending the invoice. The problem is that we do not received Bastian. I don't trust the receiving process. Maybe we can put the invoice on the cloud, or publish them on a special web page.
Alessandro : It a matter that we should investigate. We should work on updating official mail list. Question about the fees for 2022 but I don't remember that we decided someting about this.
Bastian : I'm tired to be accused to not doing my job since the Board election.
Mikuláš : We are maybe unable to delivre the invoice on time. The best solution would be to be sure that the invoice are well distributed.
Bastian : I try to reach a Luxembourg responsible. We receive one payment since the last Council. We need a data base for our members.
Alessandro : No body is blaming Bastian. This does not mean that we have no problem. It's a longtime going problem. I would like to have a solution for this. Or we need to separate fees to vote right. If email is not effective we should use other channel.
Mikuláš : We have to warn the delegates at the beginning of the meeting that fees have not be paid and get the treasurer contact.
Bastian : I agree with this process. We need to have a data base.
Etienne : We need to have the invoice file ready to share for the next CM next weekend. Like this we can give them to delegate.
Cédric : It's very important to manage correctly our data, our member data. We can have this “little” process for this week-end, retrieving this information for the invoices, but we need to see far-far-away from this if we want to handle our members, with a second chamber, for exemple. We will speak about it during next board meetings.

3. PPEU mailing lists issue

Petr : One of the main task we set at the beginning of the board was to create a way to communicate more efficiently, restablish communication. But right now I wasn't successfull
Bastian : Subcriting to an email is easy. There is a procedure on the wiki. Once you subscribed we can ask for access.
Mikuláš : We should have to remind the delegate to subscrire to the ML.
Alessandro: Petr is not just asking for subscribing. We need a way to contact the party one by one.
Petr: I do not need to subscribe to ML. What I would like is a way to reach each member one by one. Bastian told me that he would commuticate me the list.
Cédric : In fact, always, we speak about Discourse. When Petr speak about what he wants it's what Discouse offers.
Mikuláš : We need to allow Petr to have acces to the ML database.
Bastian : The topic is PPEU mailing lists issue, we should'nt be talking about setting a fifth tool. The problem is not the mailing list but to find how to communicate to our board members
Alessandro: I agree with you Bastian but Petr asked for emails 'cos he wanna start from there
Petr: I also agree but
Mikuláš: can we agree on giving Petr the access?
Bastian: it's not so easy because we cannot reveal real emails
Cédric: I would like to see which options are accepted on subscription. Tools can be funcitional but usability has changed a lot
Petr: how can I start to reach people to communicate?
Bastian: maybe we can have a discussion about it but a good idea to start on GDPR first

4. Discourse installation
Mikuláš: there was a meeting of IT group getting out this tool as a good solution. It would be reasonable to find another provider for Discourse. Idea should be: running a bigger server for both (Discourse, Mattermost)
We should push forward to make it happen.
Bastian: Mattermost is very slow. Maybe it's a good idea to move it away.
And I said: “Since this is obviously not supposed to be a test installation, we as the board need a privacy policy and an order data processing contract.”
Cédric: I'm very happy to hear all these things, but my point is: we had the discussion, we agreed about Discourse, we made a motion, now there is no Discourse to test (very very bad) I'm very sad (also Alessandro is a bit sad) What do we need to have to show to the Council a test instance of Discourse?
Mikuláš: I'm sorry, I was thinking about production server.
Cédric in the previous meeting we were speaking about a test instance and that's all what I want. We didn't vote about production server.
Bastian: also in PPI we had an instance of Discourse too, maybe we can use it but I think it's a good idea to have something to show to the next CM.
Cédric: for my point of view we won't use PPI instance of Discourse because it's not a test instance, we need to encourage users to try it, make tests, etc… It's better to have nothing instead something like that.
With a test server we can try admin stuff, people can test it and gain experience, then we can go to production.
Alessandro: we need to say in advance and declare everything.
Cédric: I agree, we need to be sure that we are testing.
Mikuláš: do we really want to manager both servers?
Cédric: maybe we can schedule a dedicated meeting about technicals stuff.
Mikuláš: can we approve to pay something for testing instance of Discourse?
Cédric: there is no need to buy a server for testing purposes. Why can't we install a little instance in one of our running servers? Discourse is not so big.
Mikuláš: probably we can use the Mattermost server.
Bastian: I can install a fresh server tomorrow, let the owner by the PPEU and give credentials.
Mikuláš: is Bastian proposal fine? Nobody disagree.

5. RoP: reviewing process
Alessandro: at last BM, we had an issue about async vote within board.
Bastian: we had this discussion but it's already fixed due to postal votes. If we have a board that cannot decide and wait for weeks, than the board is useless.
Cédric: we have RoP and we can change them. We had some discussion about next CM agenda and we would like to know other advices. We could have some time to wait and finally vote in async mode.
Sometimes we need to take some decisions and sometimes more time is fine to spend some time to make decisions.
Mikuláš: the problem is we have no time now. Also, we can have troubles because we have no drafts on the table: let's issue a dedicated working group trying to have a process in place and a draft.
So we will have a text to vote on board.
Cédric: it's only the voting part that can be async.
Alessandro: but I agree with Mikuláš, because we need a clean RoP drafted and voted.
Mikuláš: it's already late, l'et's discuss it after next working group task.

6. Change of European Election Law
Mikuláš: we should discuss this within the Council. There is a proposal to change the law. It will be voted in May. Eventually it will be passed to Council of Europe.
Big changes: there should be 28 seats for pan-european political parties to be voted anywhere in the EU.
Worst part is that 3,5% threeshold will be applied to Spain and German (countries with more that 60 seats).
Except: if you run a pan-european movement (7 coutries at least) and 1 million votes globally.
Last European election we got 700k votes approx. This mean that we could loose our German seat.
We should have a discussion about how to avoid it.
Bastian: I would appreciated very much to have a discussion about it.
Mikuláš: one possible solution could be to have one common candidate to another party. We could have one year and an half to find a solution.
Bastian: we should invite Patrick to this special meeting.
Mikuláš: I would like to bring it in the next CM agenda and close this point.

7. AOB
Bastian: we had a couple of meetings.
Mikuláš: about Latvia, unfortunately they already applied with Greens, but meetings were fine and nice.
Also we also had a meeting with MKKP: thery are also very nice, but too few people.
Jan: about MKKP, we didn't them much support. We might have some kind of rules if we're discussing about being Membes or Observer Members.
Mikuláš: we shoudl be more focused in order to provide more support. It's difficult to cover everthing and provide the right support.

TR: Sebastian Krone:
Technical support
Work on the PPEU Wiki
Work on the PPEU website
Maintenance of the server
Participation in PPI “Aid-Ukraine” conferences
Participation in meetings with Latvia and MKKP (Hungary)
Treasurer’s business
Bank account:13,695.22 EUR

Bastian: I make a Radio Show once a week. It could be a nice idea to produce something together.

2 Next meeting / schedule
Dudle on Mattermost.

Meeting closed at 22:19 CEST / UTC

/var/www/ · Last modified: 2022/04/21 22:23 by bastian