User Tools

Site Tools



Meeting 6 of the 7th PPEU board 15.6.2022, 21:00 CEST/19:00 UTC

Members of the Board
C: Mikuláš Peksa (PP-CZ, PP-DE)
VC: Florie Marie (PP-FR)
VC: Alessandro Ciofini (PP-SE)
TR: Sebastian Krone (PP-DE), (PP-AT), (PP-CH)
BM: Jasmin Feratovic (PP-SI)
BM: Jan Mareš (PP-CZ)
BM: Cedric Levieux (PP-FR)
BM: Etienne Evelin (PP-FR)
BM: Petr Kocourek (PP-CZ)

Meeting opened at: CEST
Meeting chaired by: Mikuláš
Secretary for this meeting: Mattias Bjärnemalm, Alessandro Ciofini
Recording: (thanks to our guest, Martin Cronel)

Participants: C: Mikuláš Peksa (PP-CZ, PP-DE)
VC: Alessandro Ciofini (PP-SE)
BM: Jan Mareš (PP-CZ) aka Honza
BM: Cedric Levieux (PP-FR)
BM: Petr Kocourek (PP-CZ)

VC: Florie Marie (PP-FR)
BM: Etienne Evelin (PP-FR)

Not excused:
TR: Sebastian Krone (PP-DE), (PP-AT), (PP-CH)
BM: Jasmin Feratovic (PP-SI)

Mattias Bjärnemalm (PP-SE)
Paulina (PP-PL)
Martin Cronel (PP-FR)

0.1. Approval of the agenda
0.2. Approval of the minutes of the last meeting

1. Reports from the Board
2. Asynchronous tool for the communication
3. Council meeting
4. Survey among the member parties
5. AOB
6. Next meeting / schedule

60 minutes max. as meeting time

Minutes: 0.1. Approval of the agenda:
Yes: Mikuláš, Alessandro, Honza, Petr,
Abstain: Cédric

Agenda is approved.

0.2. Approval of the minutes of the last meeting
Yes: Alessandro, Petr, Mikuláš,
Abstain: Cédric

1 Reports from the Board

C: Mikuláš Peksa
We now have a Network Officer: Mattias Bjärnemalm
Mikulas was supposed ot send out a questionare to the members about the Discourse, but this has not happened.
More successful with preparing the council meeting. There is a venue. Not been able to fulfill all the request about IT connectivity. So we have had to soften our demands. But after discussions with Bastian we've agreed that what we have should be sufficient.
Will discuss the visitors group under agenda point 3.

BM: Cédric
The french elections are over for the pirates.
The result will give the pirates public funding of 20 000 euro per year for the next 5 years.
While this is a lot is still not as much as needed to run in an election.

2 Asynchronous tool for the communication
Mikuláš: Last time we ended up with a survey as a precursor to deploy the discourse.
As we are going towards the summer break there will be no more room to discuss this before the summer break.
We want to migrate mattermost to a cheaper server. So lets do that, and consider the space on the server to ensure that discourse can be deployed there later.
Alessandro: it would be good if we had it up and running before the next council meeting, it would be good to present it to the council at the next meeting in September.
Mikulas: I agree
Ok, lets migrate mattermost during the summer. It will mean a two days of downtime for the migration. And then we will have a board meeting before the Council meeting where we can take a decision on Discourse.

3 Council meeting
Mikuláš: we have a venue in Brussels that we can rent for one day for 1000 Euros.
We should be able to organize a visitors group to the European Parliament, and those who are part of that visitors group would be reimbursed for travel.
This would mean that the meeting will only last one day: the saturday.
Alessandro: and the visitors group will be on the Friday?
Mikuláš: yes
We will need a person who will represent the visitors, collect and distribute the money. Would anyone be willing to help with the administration. Alessandro: I would be available.
Mikuláš: this means get the money, and distribute it. as well as collect the relvant data and.
Decision: The meeting decides to apoint Alessandro Ciofini to organize a Visitors Group to visit the European Parliament on behalf of the European Pirate party, and to collect the neccessary data to execute this task. This includes responsibility for receiving and distributing the reimbursements from the Parliament.

4 Survey among the member parties
Cédric: there are things we would like to know about our members:
*how they recruit members
*how much money they collect each year
*what are their plans for the European elections
Maybe we need to know and share this kind of information.
Mikuláš: I think this survey is a good idea. I have some ideas on what questions that should be included. And our IT people might want to know also things about the member parties IT systems.
Cédric: We can extend the survey to other things than the ones I listed. I only search for approval to go ahead with this survey. If we say yes we will construct the survey and would be happy to get input on which questions to include.
Mikuláš: other questions could be what categories of members to the member parties use, what tools do member parties use for authentication, etc.
I suggest we set up a pad to start collect questions.
Lets use Discourse as a tool for the survey.

5. AOB
No other business

Meeting closed at 22:17 CEST / 20:17 UTC
Next meeting: 07/09/2022 at 21:00 CEST

/var/www/ · Last modified: 2022/06/16 11:56 by mab