User Tools

Site Tools


Meeting of the PPEU board 13.09.2020 20:00 CEST   Members of the Board (for use as template)
C: Mikuláš Peksa (PP-CZ, PP-DE)
VC: Oktavía Hrund Jónsdóttir (PP-IS)
VC: Markéta Gregorová (PP-CZ)
BM: Gamithra Marga  (PP-IS)
BM: Oliver Herzig (PP-DE, PP-CAT) - Exile
BM: Katla Hólm Þórhildardóttir (PP-IS)
BM: Florie Marie (PP-FR)
TR: Alessandro Ciofini (PP-IT)
BM: Jan Mareš (PP-CZ)

Meeting opened at: 20:13 CEST
Meeting chaired by: Mikuláš Peksa
Secretary for this meeting: Markéta (Oktavía will support)
Recording:on Youtube channel (Allessandro?)

Participants: Mikuláš, Florie, Oktavía,  Exile, Markéta, Alessandro, Katla, Jan, Gamithra
Not excused:

Reports of the activity
Organization of Board work and recording
Organization of the next Council
Situation in Italian Pirate Party
Any other bussiness

0. Approval of the agenda
YES: Mikuláš, Oktavía, Markéta, Gamithra, Alessandro, Exile, Florie

1. Reports from the teams:
Oktavía: no longer part of the group for a couple of months already
Mikuláš: we need to later discuss division of work; we have stable activity on our channels (website, FB, TW)

Mikuláš: no big changes; let's have a discussion about how to do this Board meeting streaming, there has been complaints about the quality of the stream

Alessandro: We used infrastructure of PPI, I think we should find another solution for streaming.

Exile: We were proposed to switch to voice meetings, not videocalls. We are now practically not using the video anyway. Should we do it?

Alessandro: No, I don't think so. The reason is that we can turn it on when someone is speaking - it is for the streaming on YouTube, for people to see us. We don't have to use it all the time, but it is good to rather have the option and not use it always, than to not have it at all.

Florie: I can help with the streaming, if that is the problem, in terms of tools we use.

Mikuláš: We faced criticism regarding the quality of our sound from PPDE, whereas in PPIT it is a standard the use videocalls and stream. Within PPCZ we don't stream board meetings, but if we do so, we include video. So we need to find a consensus among us.

Oktavía: Accessibility and availability, as Alessandro said last year, are very important and we struggled with that. PPIS don't also necessarily stream their meetings. But after we started to share more of our meetings in Iceland, we've seen an increase in interest in what the Pirates are doing. So we should make it accessible for as many people as possible.

Florie: Technical note: on YT they don't hear anything right now. Not solved.

Jan: The problem is that Minutes are not copied to Wikipedia, that should be our priority. And when we are good at this, incl. e-mails before the meeting with some rought structure and agenda, than I would focus on streamings and recordings.

Mikuláš: Should the minutes-taker be responsible for publishing it, or should we have a dedicated person to do so?

Exile volunteered to take the responsibility of publishing the Minutes every time.

Alessandro: I see the point in debating something in front of our members, almost personally, as very important. I don't think minutes are enough of a delivery.

Mikuláš: I agree we don't need to “politicize” this discussion. So I see a conclusion: We want to have board meetings accessible and available, including the video. So in the future we are looking for a solution fulfilling these requirements.

Jan: I think that videos and streaming are a cherry on top, as the minutes are more accessible - you read through them in a few minutes, for a video you have to lsiten the whole time, even hours.

Mikuláš: We solved that with Exile volunteering.

Florie: I agree it is useful to have minutes in a written form.

Mikuláš: Next time, we will share the Jitsi link and we will find a better solution for streaming. As a solution for now.

Mikuláš: What is the status of ECI?
Alessandro: We have a website, support from Wikimedia (?) and want to start collecting signatures. We meet every 10 days, now we need to spread the word. A big thanks to all the Pirates that participated and helped.
Mikuláš will make sure that the call is published.

2: Organization of Board work and recording
See discussion under section “Tech” under point Reports of the team.

3. Organization of the next Council
Mikuláš: We need to approve our budget and we need to elect a new board. So we need a Council meeting. Should it be offline or online only?

Exile: PPCAT would prefer online meeting for various good reasons.

Katla: I don't think it is a good idea to meet offline in the upcoming couple of months.

Markéta: Is it compliant with our Statutes, not to meet offline?

Mikuláš: I think it is, and it already happened in the past, so there is a precedence. I would aim for the end of November.

Oktavía: Do you think is it better to have one day or two day event? So that we can say in an e-mail “this weekend/day it will probably be”.

Katla: I don't think two days is entirely neccessary.

look at content of meeting → assessment, 1 or 2 days then assessed.

Katla to make an assessment on content (i.e.) - send email to the council on dates and number of days and prelim agenda.

4. Situation in Italian Pirate Party
The Chairperson received a complaint at the end of August from persons/people signing as three persons and the content has screen shots.

Katla: should this be sent to the CoC council? Mikulas: says no. The PPEU board could look at whether the Council member Italy is following the democratic process (please confirm Mikulas)

Exile: need to define whether the issue is.

Alessandro: there no “board” but a board type entity. The was an internal budget approval case, and Alessandro resigned his place in the board entity. Alessandro can provide the information as needed regarding that case. Alessandro asks to be excused from the decisionmaking and/or voting on this topic.

Katla: this is not to be on the agenda of the board, the CoC council needs to take this case.

Florie: has listenend to this. PPI has decided not to engage on the topic and thus the PPI cannot help on this matter. It the PPIT wants mediation, we can talk about that with the PPI and discuss about sending someone neutral for help finding an issue, but not to solve the situation.

Mikulas: the PPEU board need to have the same opportunity for discussion as PPI had.

PPEU Board mandates the Chairperson to

1. kindly ask the Board of PPIT to comment on the complaints recieved by PPEU Board.
2. offer PPIT the support of the PPEU Code of Conduct Council to resolve their dispute per the letter sent to the PPEU Chairperson.

YES: Mikuláš Peksa, Exile, Gamithra, Oktavía Hrund Jónsdóttir, Katla, Jan, Florie
Abstain: Alessandro Ciofini,

5. Any other business
5.1 The leaders of the Pirate Party of Belarus: Svietlana Ermakovich and Mikhail Volchak have been arrested.

Mikulas: end of August Ermakovich and Volchak were arrested (for 15 days). They were released 12 September 2020. To inform you, as per board chat, we have raised our voices Thursday past. We need to follow the situation in Belarus as it is quite turbulant.

Florie: can Mikulas or Markéta do an event or other organisation re. the issue in Belarus?

Mikulas: yes we can do a webinar, Markéta has been organising this (and is in powerfailure atm)

Alessandro: europeans did not recognise the election of Lukashenko. We need all to be there, the press, the politicians all of us need to have eyes on Belarus.

Jan: Belarus is not in PPEU, does anyone have more info (the Belarus PP is not active on social media)

Mikulas: they cannot be - without reprecussions - an active member and that there ways around this in the PPEU statutes, there are ways if they wanted.

5.2 PPUK: information that they are no longer active and are (“have” ?) to close.
Mikulas: is there a successor? If there isn't, the PPEU should secure the placeholders of domains and other social media presence.

European Pirates offering its help in acting as a placeholder for UK-Pirates domains if so required

YES: Mikuláš, Exile, Florie, Alessandro, Jan, Katla, Oktavía, Gamithra

5.3 Border Regimes and Corona
Jan: the first Corona lockdown happened, many countries used border shutdowns. Second time, Hungary did a hard border lock down as well. In case of a new wave of a hard border lock down (of several countries) the PPEU should condemn that publicly on the social networks.

Exile: lets keep an eye on this and decide in the next PPEU meeting.

Katla: many countries have different criteria, let's see next meeting.

Alessandro: not having borders makes/forces collaboration which is for the better, for collaboration. That the 

Mikulas: freedom of movement is essential

5.4 PPEU open discussion platform
Jan: brought up in June, wasnt suitable due to low numbers. An open platform to discuss with folx from different pirate parties. Ideally it would be a forum, similar to the Czech or German ones, start with a sub-reddit type activity…A completely open platform (reddit is open)

Exile: Mattermost is the first step

Mikulas: gave numbers on the different Mattermost subgroups

**Meeting closed at 22.44 hours  \\ 

Next board meeting is set on in two weeks from now as usual on 27th of September 2020, (20:00 CEST - DST - summertime)\\ 

/var/www/ · Last modified: 2020/09/28 16:54 by bastian