The European Pirate Party

Agenda of the PPEU Board Meeting on the 17th of November 2014

Participants

@marou_pp | Maxime Rouquet

@Radeks00 | Radek P.

@tvelocity | Antonios Motakis

@AndersPirat | Anders Kleppe

Absent

@teirdes | Amelia Andersdotter

@CristianBulumac | Cristian Bulumac

Excused

@Gilles_PPDE | Gilles Bordelais

@LunaLoof | Martina Pöser

@Popol349 | Paul Bossu

Guests

@Thomas1G | Thomas Gaul

@ZombBi | Jens Stomber

@Exile70860000 | Oliver Herzig

TOP 0 Formalities

Maxime is opening the meeting at 21:13 CET.

Chairperson: @marou_pp | Maxime Rouquet

Minutes (Secretary): Maxime

Approval of the minutes of the last Board meeting:

Board meeting on the 20th of August 2014: http://ppeu.net/wiki/doku.php?id=ppeu:board:minutes2014-08-20 → Approved? Postponed from the last meeting, since two of the three persons present at the time are not here then.

Board meeting on the 05th of September 2014: https://ppeu.piratenpad.de/8th-board-meeting-ppeu-2014-09-05 → Approved ?

Postponed to a next meeting with enough Board members to vote.

→ Maxime will put it into the wiki

Approval of the agenda:

Agenda

TOP 1 Banking account
TOP 2 Registering the party
TOP 3 Activating the Council / Next Council Meeting
TOP 4 Communication Strategy
TOP 5 Procedural Rules for the Board
TOP 6 Other Stuff
TOP 7 Next Board Meeting

TOP 1 Banking account

→ Quick summary : we have to deposit the AISBL registration papers to the Ministry, and then we can open a bank account. Radek will be in Brussels during December 1st-3rd to get that done with Paul, Gilles and Anders.

Reminders of previous meetings

@Paul, Gilles & Radek:

1. Could we get our money back in case we will be unable to register as an aisbl at all? Gilles has not the answer yet. He usually meets every week with Paul and they will look for the answer for next time.

It is likely that we have no registering fee to pay if we are unable to register. However it is possible that we have to pay notary costs. However, the PP-NO has proposed to support the costs of registration, so there is no financial risk for PPEU whatever happens.

2. Did you limit the amount that one person may withdraw to € 500,-? This decision has been sugggested to the Board at the begining of the meeting of August 5th : http://ppeu.net/wiki/doku.php?id=ppeu:board:minutes2014-08-20#top_1_banking_account

Tony asks whether the limit is per withdrawal or per day/week/month. Gilles/Radek/Paul will look into it (but as far as they remember it ́s a daily limit)

3. Shall we choose a 4th person next to Paul, Gilles & Radek to have access to the banking account? And if yes, whom?

The Board thinks it would be a good idea.

Maxime would volunteer, but suggests we postpone to ask Martina and Amelia's views.

4. Anything else new?

We can open the account soon. However, we will only be able to withdraw the money once we will be an AISBL.

What happens with collected funds on the account if we can't get the aisbl registered? Gilles/Paul will clear this up.

*Managing of cash in Brussels by Cristian? Postponed until we actually have/need money

*When can we start asking for membership fees? We need to recalculate them because of the European elections. (The same goes for the voting rigths in the Council.) radek will calculate projected membership fees

Current state and next steps

Radek has discussed with Anders. He thinks the procedure is different from what we had found before. It seems we need to register by sending papers to the Belgium Ministry before opening a bank account.

Radek will be in Brussels at the begining of December (from 1th to 3rd). We should deposit the registration papers for becoming an AISBL to the Belgian Ministry. Then therefore we will be able to open a bank account.

Thomas Gaul (guest) asks to excuse Martina who has worked for Pirate matters all day and could not join tonight. He advises to contact Koen from PPI who has done a lot of work to re-register the PPI.

TOP 2 Registering the party

→ Quick summary : almost everything is ready. The following pad has been created to track the documents : https://ppeu.piratenpad.de/aisbl-registration-documents

Situation since previous Board meeting

Gilles and Paul with the help of Anders will work on registering PPEU.

Paul did find a notary. Paul and Gilles filled in the forms, they were waiting for the statutes translation.

@Gilles, Paul & Anders: Anything new ?

*How is the translation of the statutes coming?

Maxime has done the translation of the PPEU Statutes in French. Gilles and PPI-TTF members have checked it.

We need to also provide annexes and French translation. The work is mostly done, but translations should probably be checked, and some translations of PPEU's name (Annex A.) are probably missing. The TODO pad summarize the state of current progress : https://ppeu.piratenpad.de/todo

→ We need the PPI-TTF to check Annex B (PPEU Members) & Annex C (Manifesto) translation & complete Annex A (PPEU name translations).

We also need the personal details of everyone on the board : https://ppeu.piratenpad.de/Board → Amelia & Cristian personal details are missing. → Maxime will contact them.

HOW-TO AISBL with work from Cristian and Paul here: http://www.titanpad.com/aisbl

Paul will help Gilles for all the administrative stuff : notaries, ministry, tribunal, ..

Next step

Almost everything is ready to deposit the papers.

A pad is created to sum up the documents and follow the registration, at the following address : https://ppeu.piratenpad.de/aisbl-registration-documents

It has been discussed quickly whether it is necessary to register as an AISBL and to create a bank account right now. It appears we have various opinions in the Board and we need to discuss further about it before taking a decision.

TOP 3 Activating the Council / Next Council Meeting

→ Quick summary : we need to activate the Council mailing-list and finish gathering delegates information. Then we will have to determine what we propose to the Council for its meeting (online or IRL, in Brussels or elsewhere, etc.)

Situation since previous Board meetings

*Martina has written to all member parties and asked for names and email-adresses of their delegates.

PP-Poland and PP-GR are in the process of electing new delegates and will give Martina the information as soon as they have chosen them.

Martina will write to the missing PPs once more and there is sadly still some answers missing. But the list gets better. Martina suggests to hand the known and confirmed information already over to Jens Stomber, so that he can set up the Council with those delegates that we already know of. Martina offers to do so, as she is maintaining the list.

*Here is an incomplete and not for sure list of the Council members at the Founding meeting of PPEU: https://piratenpad.de/p/ppeubrussels (And it doesn't have email-adresses) → The list Martina maintains is not online because of the personal data involved.

*As the Board could also ask for a Council meeting we should also have this information and be able to join the ML of the Council (at least with reading access). Martina will ask Jens Stomber to add all Board members to the Council mailing list.

*We also need the list of delegates from the founding meeting to add to the minutes of that meeting. This seems to be missing and it might become a problem when we try to register the party. So Martina tries to at least get the information together who has been a delegate at the founding for which party, as the registry went missing.

*We will have to recalculate the voting rights for each member party in the Council, because the number of votes may have changed since the European elections in May 2014.

*What about PP-CAT and PP-Confederacion ES? Are they both still ordinary members or is only PP-ESCON an ordinary member as PP-CAT is a member party there?

Next annual "GA-like" Council Meeting

We should start to prepare the “annual” Council Meeting, in particular if we want to do something IRL, to have time for organisation and for delegates to be able to come in good conditions.

Some might want to propose amendments to the Statutes too. We need to prepare a procedure and an agenda for these proposals.

Brussels

It is discussed whether we should organise a Council meeting in Julia's office in Brussels. It could be easier for us to organise, and to have Board members present. We will ask Julia's office about this solution.

How to process

We also need to consult the other Board members to see what they think. Another option could be anonline meeting of PPEU Council to discuss some points, and that one of this subjects would be the modalities of the annual Council meeting.

We therefore need the Council to be ready to meet and take decisions, at least online.

Maxime will ask Martina for updates on the Council ML and propose to help her collect the eventual missing addresses.

TOP 4 Communication Strategy

This point is out of date. We would probably need to re-think most of it from scratch. Right now we have not enough active members to deal with it, but hopefully it will change.

Postponed.

TOP 5 Procedural Rules for the Board

→ Quick summary : only 2 points remain to discussion. It will be discussed IRL by the Board members going to Brussels in the beginning of December.

Reminder from previous meetings

*Draft: https://eu.piratenpad.de/ppeu-board-rules-of-procedure

Martina, Anders and Maxime have worked hard on it and hope that it finds the approval of all Board members now. Any proposals for a change?

* Adding consensus

Proposal : add the following paragraph at the end of chapter § 6 Meeting minutes : The votes of each Board member for every decision are written in the minutes. However, when no Board members present disagrees on a decision, the minutes simply give the Board decision.

Shorter alternative : The votes of each Board member for every decision are written in the minutes, unless no Board members present disagree on the decision.

Other alternative : The decisions of the Board are taken by unanimity/consensus, unless Board members disagrees. In the following case, the detail of the Board member votes is written in the minutes.

→ Maxime has proposed another wording directly in the RoP pad. Opinions ?

* Rethinking Quotas

Martina and Maxime also suggest to study again the quotas needed to take Board decisions, before adopting it. It was written believing almost all Board members would attend Board meetings, but it has not been the case lately.

The Board must choose between two options : having a low quota required, with the risks of decisions taken by a low number of Board members, or having a high quota required, with the risks of being impossible to take decisions, if too many Board members do not attend the meetings.

A meeting has been proposed dedicated to this subject, unsuccessfully. Anders suggests that the Board members who will meet in Brussels in the beginning of December should organise a small meeting to discuss about it too.

TOP 6 Other Stuff

No new decision here, but we keep the text as a reminder.

e-voting system

*Martina: Could we install an e-voting system like PPI did? Does anyone know how that one works and what it is supposed to do?

Galileo(SP): Agora Voting https://agoravoting.com/We can help from spain with that one. It is prepared for general voting and has implemented Liquid Democracy inside.

Pirates without borders are meeting in Frankfurt November Its about voting online systems. http://blog.pirates-without-borders.org/2014/08/14/announcement-international-orga-weekend/ • 29th and 30th November 2014 • Venue • FRANKFURT AM MAIN • Haus der Jugend Frankfurt • Deutschherrnufer 12 • 60594 Frankfurt/Main • Germany • Begin: Saturday from 11 AM CEST • End: Sonday 4 PM CEST

→ This is a political decision which we will leave to the council. For our number of members, this is not needed.

ECI on TTIP

Shall we support it? http://stop-ttip.org/registration/

Martina: yes (except if there is a contradiction to the manifesto or a member party objects vehemently)

Amelia has expressed by email concerns about signing this ECI or any ECI. Various reasons, one of them being ECI should be signed and presented by citizens (meaning individuals). Therefore pirates should instead sign all as individual citizens, but is is not the role of PPEU to sign it.

Julia supports the ECI, as do PPDE and the Greens/EFA group in the EP.

Maxime is reluctant to sign the ECI as PPEU, not for ideological reasons, but because it is difficult for us to know the impact of such signature in every Europe sovereign state. Therefore we should not support this ECI or any other, unless the Council gives a clear decision that PPEU should support the ECI that share our ideas.

Gilles says we should support this ECI, towards the public and the press, also to help it gain a larger audience.

It is decided to vote on this quesiton by email. Tony will send the email with the question “Does PPEU support the ECI againt TTIP/CETA?” with the two options “yes” and “no” (and “abstain”). The vote will end as soon as all Board members will have voted, or at last when this point will be dealed with during the next Board meeting.

* PPEU BOARD Meeting in RL on the 1-3 of December 2014 in Brussels? Tony, Marou (Week-End), Gilles are in, Radek can't be there at that time for profesional reasons.

Monday evening 8pm is the earliest he can make it. Radek suggests using another week-end, so that it doesn't collide with the Euroliquid-meeting organised by Julia's bureau at that date.

Gilles will setup a doodle from beginning of November to beginning of December.

TOP 7 Next Board Meeting

* It has been propose by e-mail that PPEU Board meetings will now take place on a Monday evening around once a month.

Paul suggested to use a tool to keep track of tasks and the state of things. For the time being this could be a pad. Pad: https://ppeu.piratenpad.de/tasks or more recently https://ppeu.piratenpad.de/todo

The Board will convene again on the 15/12/2014 at 21.00 CET on the German NRW Mumble server in room PPEU.

Some Board members will meet in Brussels in the beginning of December (between the 1st and the 3rd) to register the PPEU, create the bank account, and discuss about some stuff (mostly the Rules of Procedures).

Maxime closes the meeting at 22:29 CET on the 17/11/2014.