The European Pirate Party

Agenda Board Meeting 04.12.2017, 21:00h CET (20:00 h UTC)

1 – ATTENDEES

1.1. – Members of the Board:

  • Oktavía Hrund Jónsdóttir (PPIS)
  • Antigone (Gabrielle Nereuil PP-FR) left at 23:05
  • Markéta Gregorová (PP-CZ)
  • Bastian (Sebastian Krone, PP-DE)
  • Antonios Motakis (PP-GR)
  • Ernst Spitaler (PP-AT)
  • Hrafndís Bára Einarsdóttir (PP-IS)
  • Exile (Oliver Herzig, PP-DE, PP-CAT, PC-ES) - (joined at 21:03)
  • Mikuláš Peksa (PP-CZ) (parliamentary meeting) - (joined at 21:10 - left at 23:25)

1.2. – Excused

1.3. – Unexcused

1.4. – Guests

  • Thomas Gaul
  • Koen De Voegt
  • Kilian Brogli (PPCH)
  • TSP ( www.gip.one )

2. – PROCEEDINGS

RoP= not existing until now
https://ppeu.piratenpad.de/DraftRop for developing RoP in the near future

Meeting opened at 21:00 CET by Oktavia
Meeting chaired by: Oktavia
Secretary for this meeting: Antigone
Streaming started: no streaming
Recording started: 21:00
: Link: https://owncloud.ag-technik.de:443/owncloud/index.php/s/5XnIqU9CRMYgy9J

3 – APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES

Minutes of the last meeting:

4 – Reports

4.1. – Short report of the board members

Oktavía Hrund Jónsdóttir (PPIS) - present
Attended an informal meeting with part of the current board.
Update of the vision for the next year :
registration: contact with people member of the young pirate party.
The YP didn't manage to open a bank account in Luxembourg because PPEU don't have any member from Luxembourg.
Option: Finland is currently used for (online bank) which they do not recommend we do
Registration (with e-authentification) could help us to open the bank account, and furthermore could facilitate the usual chantge of the association (change of board members, change of statutes etc…).

Oktavia is working on some documents to profile the vision of what we could accomplish : recognition, advertising, having a strong identity to spread our vision.

Antigone (Gabrielle Nereuil PP-FR) - present
Nothing special but offering support in the development of vision

Markéta Gregorová (PP-CZ) - present
If necessary : Marketa has time to work on the draft of Oktavia. And also offers her services to Oktavía and everyone in helping with any tasks.

Bastian (Sebastian Krone, PP-DE) - present
prepared the the first agenda (board meeting) and managed wiki and web.
change a lot of things about the new board and update all the main information
if necessary : let know to Bastian what should be done/change
First thing is to have the registration.

Antonios Motakis (PP-GR) - present
He had a look on the old pads and try to recover what archives of the mailing-list could reveal as interesting stuff to go forward : historical search :)
He is willing to write some relase.
Lack of motivation and of clear goal were the main source of the failure of the first boards.
He is hoping that we will address that by having clear commitments of desired outcomes after our term.

Ernst Spitaler (PP-AT) - present
we need to check the stand of all the technical things: domain etc…
contact with macedonian friends (Macedonia had a severe political crisis last year). They have a new government but no real change. 4 people are interested in creating a Pirate Party Macedonia.
He will contact all the organisation to see at which poin they are still active.
He suggest to developp a system a part of mumble and mailing list

Exile (Oliver Herzig, PP-DE, PP-CAT, PC-ES) - present
in Catalonya the Pirate are involved in election again.
The first step is to register
in the moment in Spain, there is no interest by the european pirate bcause of the national situation
At the moment there no need to contact lawyer

Hrafndís Bára Einarsdóttir (PP-IS) - present

Brand new member of the pirate party, she can put an input to “how is it for a new pirate to :connect with other party”.
We 'as european pirate' we have to set a working group on how we connect and exchange : informations. It would be great to have more information from the previous board members to be aware about what should be fixe.

Mikuláš Peksa (PP-CZ) - present (21:10)
The Parlement start to operate with the proposal for budget.
Some meeting with different ambassadors (Estonia, Sweden, Albania etc…)
Contact with the Heinrich Böll Stiftung (german greens foundation)
Preparing the budget is the most urgent matter

5 – First Steps

5.1. – Resources

Web
We cloned the website and we need an Imprint (?) : it is a legal problem
The PPEU has 3 websites and we have to combine them and merge them in one:

europeanpirateparty.eu
https://european-pirateparty.eu
https://ppeu.net/ (only forwarding the PPEU wiki)
I (Koen De Voegt) owns http://piratenpartij.eu which currently forwards to ppeu.net. I registered this mostley to avoid it being snatched away by someone else. If the board wants it, or wants it to be redirected anywere else feel free to let me know. ref.
piratenpartij.nl belongs to PPNL, piratenpartij.be belongs to PPBE as it's pirateparty in dutch/flemisch.

ppeu.net is the one with the most informations

Thomas from PPI
ppeu.net is just a wiki

TO DO :
- find out which access we still have
- recover control over them
- as board choose wich one we want to continue
- ensure that as soon as the organisation is done that domains are registered in the org.
- send a bio and a picture to Oktavia to put it on the website oktavia@piratar.is (deadline: ASAP)

Decision :
https://europeanpirateparty.eu : should stay the official website
https://ppeu.net/ should stay as wiki

The server of the PPEU could be hosted in Island. At the moment there is different server ongoing but there is no sustainable solution at the moment (Julia's server for example will not endure after 2019).

TO DO :
- a working group/working space to consolidate the question (to specific to be work during a board)

Wiki https://ppeu.net
Let's keep what is working.
An option proposed is to change to Mediawiki (the actual wiki is running on a dokuwiki) and transfer the old document into a version adaptable with a Mediawiki.

Mailinglists
currently operated by PPI
running by a technical group from the PP Brandenbourg and turning on the PPI server. (Server change is ongoing, plus updating the software.)

pp-eu PPEU coordination group
pp-eu.board [no description available]
pp-eu.coordinators List for international coordinators of the Pirate Parties of the EU
pp-eu.council Council of the European Pirate Party
PP-EU.Education [no description available]
pp-eu.euroliquid Euroliquid project group
PP-EU.Programme PP-EU Programme development
PP-EU.Statutes PP-EU Statutes development

TO DO:
- clean up which one we use and for what
- manage them as PPEU once we are ready

Domains

Email account for the board
Thomas Gaul (PPI) have manage email account for the board.

Twitter
https://twitter.com/EuropeanPirates
https://twitter.com/eupirates

It was really hard to secure this two account because the member admin. of the account was'nt really involved any more. We have to secure the account in the future and not let only one admin run the account but eventually have a team-account.

TO DO : find out which one is the more active, who is running them and clean

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/europeanpirateparty/
Recommendation : secure the FB page (business account on behalf of PPEU)
Admin are Oktavia, Julia and MAB

Vote-IT
could be a tools to use if necessary but some lack
mail seems to be better
liquid is used in Austria
congressus is used in France

TO DO
The question has to be: delegate to a working group in charge of an evaluation of the different system and of proposing a system to the board.
Nota Bene : Muriel from PP-CAT would be member of this working group.

Github establihed by the last board. There is no much inside.
https://github.com/PPEU

Others
https://matrix.to/#/#pirateirc_#ppeu:diasp.in
Riot is a free software tools
Ernst offers the support of the Austrian PP to answer question about riot

TO DO
The question has to be: delegate to a working group in charge of developping proposal to the board.

5.2. – Who is responsible for what (allocation/roles)

Representing to the public

Main task :
- first contact to the PPEU from outside (even 2nd for it)
- working on awarness strategy and visibility
- strenthening a common langUage

Who : - Oktavia
- Marketa & Antigone

Secretary

Main task :
- responsible for the board himself (taking care of the sharing of document,of the good connection of the people)
- Monitoring of the actions

Who :
- Oktavia
- Marketa and Antigone

TO DO : detailled task and advise responsiblities between the three chair-persons
UNTIL : next board meeting
WHO : Oktavia, Marketa and Antigone per email or informal chat

Press/ Public Relations

Main task :
- press release
- handling press request
- actively keeping in touch with the press
- keeping constant flows of information to (and from) journalist
- developing press contact in different country to strenght each other and make cross-: informations through Europe
- larger public than social media (be aware, not speaking to “initiated” people)
- journalism contact DB in Europe

Who (for the beginning) :
- Hrafndís
- Mikulas
- Marketa (linked to social media)

accepted unanimously

Social media

Main task :
develop a media plan, including a calendar of events and topics
ensuring that we see what pirate social movment are
production of material for social media
syncronising the voices of 20 to one :)

Which media :
- FB
- Instagram
-snapchat
- Twitter
- Other (as p.e. telegram)

Who: Marketa volunteers :)
Mikuláš is glad to support
accepted unanimously

Connection to the members
What: basicly securing information flow regarding connection to the council countries and between them (support smaller coutries, etc). One of the things to bring into discussion/movement would be the goal of a second chamber with pirates as individual persons

Who:
Ernst
Exile (support)
Tony (support)
Hrafndis (support)
accepted unanimously

Finances
Treasurer and Chairperson
accepted unanimously

Information Technology: Technical assistance (proposal: IT Work Group)
what: Administration, servers, passwords, roles … but also documentation

who: Bastian
Tony (support)
Oktavía (support)
accepted unanimously

Human Ressources (volunteers)
what:

who:

5.3. – Domiciliation of PPEU

Representative for Domiciliation und Registration
What: Postal address at least. Oktavia is working on it - she is looking forward to have some proposals soon.
accepted unanimously

5.4. - Financial authorization process

what: who has to accept (or deny) costs - financial transaction
set up a budget

Oktavia and Bastian will give us some proposals in the next meeting
accepted unanimously

6. Projects

Setting a Working Group on the Programme for 2019 (election programm)
important: what is the process like
Volunteer : Antigone, Marketa
accepted unanimously

Setting a Working Group on technical tools in respects of voting tools (maybe already in 5.2 “technic”)
what: voting tools … but also communication
make clear the requirements - what would this tool need
need assessment - as first important step)

who:
Ernst ? maybe Bastian as auditor.^^
Mikulas ?
Tony ?
proposal: not only people from the board… looking also for other members to join
proposal: Oktavia will send out some kind of invitation to the council
agreed unanimously

extra in communication with the council … what else would be needed to work on (more working groups ?)

7. ANY OTHER BUSINESS (AOB)

The result of the collection in Prague resulted in a donation of 65 Euros. :-)
Preparation of help for an eventual founding of a PP-MK (Pirate Party Macedonia)
We need to Talk, WNTT project, if we have time. (website - plattform to comunicate, propose and discuss - not only europa, but whole pirate movement (proposal - working group tools should care about it
http://wntt.eu/

membership fees - to put on the to do list for the next council meeting

8. NEXT MEETING

Next meeting: Date, hrs - announced later. Will happen to be before X-Mas A doodle will be set up tonight.UTC)
Meeting closed 00.05 CET (23:05 UTC) by Oktavia