The European Pirate Party

Meeting of the PPEU board 13.1.2019, 20:00 CET (19:00 UTC)
NEW BOARDMEMBERS!! Statutes are here: https://wiki.ppeu.net/doku.php?id=statutes:final

FYI: Members of the Board (for use as template)
C: Markéta Gregorová (PP-CZ)
VC: Mikulás Peksa (PP-CZ)
VC: Salvör Kristjana (PP-IS)
BM: Antigone (Gabrielle Nereuil PP-FR)
BM: Oktavía Hrund Jónsdóttir (PPIS)
BM: Antonios Motakis (PP-GR)
BM: Ernst Spitaler (PP-AT)
BM: Magnus Andersson (PP-SE)
TR: Peter Freitag (PP-LU)

Who is responsible for what (allocation/roles):
See chart: https://owncloud.ag-technik.de/owncloud/index.php/s/7G0SjxKr8UkkZoi
Resources:
See chart: https://owncloud.ag-technik.de/owncloud/index.php/s/yA75tlUyzVHzF2b
Mailing Lists:
https://lists.european-pirateparty.eu/sympa
Website: https://european-pirateparty.eu
Wiki:
http://ppeu.net/wiki/doku.php
News CEEP:
https://wntt.eu
Groupware:
https://kopano.ag-technik.eu/webapp

1. MINUTES
Meeting opened at: 20:16 h CET
Meeting chaired by: Markéta
Secretary for this meeting: all will help with it
Recording started: @Piratesonair
https://owncloud.ag-technik.de/owncloud/index.php/s/2HB2zoNr8xbYtay

1.1. - Participants
Markéta Gregorová (PP-CZ)
Antigone (Gabrielle Nereuil PP-FR)
Magnus Andersson (PP-SE)
Antonios Motakis (PP-GR)
Mikulás Peksa (PP-CZ)
Peter Freitag (PP-LU)

1.2. - Excused
Salvör Kristjana (PP-IS)
Ernst Spitaler (PP-AT)

1.3. - Not excused
Oktavía Hrund Jónsdóttir (PPIS)

1.4. - Guests
Thomas Gaul (PPDE, Council member)
Alessandro Ciofini (PPIT, Council member)
Alexander Spies (PPDE Council member)
@PiratesOnAir
pr02 (PPDE)
Macburns (PP)

1.5. - Pad:
https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/board_meeting_02

2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/board_meeting_01
YES: Antigone, Markéta, Magnus, Tony, Peter, Mikuláš
NO:
ABSTENTIONS:

Minutes are approved

3. PROCEEDINGS
RoP= not existing until now
https://ppeu.piratenpad.de/DraftRop
https://pad.pirati.cz/p/draft_rop_ppeu

Discussion line 109 -
adding of “consecutive order” for the deputizing (Chair ⇒ VC ⇒ etc.)

Discussion line 73 : Qs: So to the majority, the votes of abstentees are also counted? And as what? For example 2 members abstain, one is against and two are for the proposal. Did they get a simple majority by 4 members, or not, because only the two “for” count? Apparently the first example counts, it passes.

Tasks from previous meeting:
Until the next meeting, the board members shall read the proposal (and make comment). A vote will take place during the next meeting.

The Board approves the Rules of Procedure as written in https://pad.pirati.cz/p/draft_rop_ppeu. (https://pad.pirati.cz/p/draft_rop_ppeu/timeslider#418)
YES: Tony, Mikuláš, Magnus, Markéta, Peter, Antigone, Ernst
NO:
ABSTENTIONS:

The motion has been accepted.

Wikified by: Markéta

4. AGENDA

  • Antigone (Gabrielle Nereuil PP-FR)
  • - PPFR made the translation into french of the CEEP
  • - it is now submitted to the vote and the PPFR shall be able to ratified the CEEP (with reserve certainly) for the meeting in Luxembourg
  • Magnus Andersson (PP-SE):
  • - PPSE has been working on extracting the key points of the CEEP (what we want to achieve as we are elected) and specifically lift the drug legislation part to a EU level
  • Antonios Motakis (PP-GR)
  • - nothing of importance to report (boo) :D
  • Mikulás Peksa (PP-CZ)
  • - I discussed with Bastian about the current status of our IT systems and I have an agreement with Denk Selbst e.V defining it
  • Peter Freitag (PP-LU)
  • - organisation of the meeting in February - a beautifull place was found to hold the meeting
  • - trying to get information from the previous treasurer to collect informations
  • 2. Information about the previous account (Markéta, 1 minute)
  • The funds from the previous account have been transfered by Gilles and Paul Bossu to the Fio bank, link: https://ib.fio.cz/ib/transparent?a=2701538320&l=ENGLISH and the previous account has been closed.
  • Question : do we have all the information about the histroy of the bank account
  • Marketa: yes, we have collected the information, the only question was where to spread the information?
  • Task: As long there is no GDPR issues, the account movement will be wikified by Marketa
  • 3. Invoices 2018 (Treasurer, 10 minutes)
  • Tasks from previous meeting:
  • Markéta and Peter will send an e-mail informing the Council about this motion separately and question, whether they already paid, confirm how much (https://wiki.ppeu.net//doku.php?id=ppeu:members:fees) and if they want it to be considered pre-paid membership or a donation. And about the 2018 and 2019 invoices and if people are capable of paying.
  Addresses for invoicing:\\ 
  PPSE: ekonomi@piratpartiet.se \\ 
  • 4. Budget 2019 (everyone, 20 minutes):
  • We need to discuss first aims before we set up a budget.
  • We will have a look at the one proposed in Reykjavík and a presentation of Oktavia (?)
  • Magnus: let's first draft the aims, e.g. the EP elections are important, but there is also a time after May and after the elections
  • Thomas: we have to have in mind to always cover the basics and secure them for the future
  • Task: Marketa will open a pad to begin the work on the aims that the board want to focus on for the budget 2019.
  • https://pad.pirati.cz/p/PPEU_aims_2019 (will send a reminder e-mail after this meeting. E-mails. :))
  • Tasks from previous meeting:
  • Task for Mikuláš: to discuss with Bastian the technical neccessitites and what need to be done.
  • Task for everyone: to volunteer for some task and eventually add some task they want to undertake during 2019
  • 6. Luxembourg meeting (everyone, 30 minutes)
  • a) What needs to be done? Does Sven or Peter need help with something?
  • Peter: analyzing the venue and its options, will be voted by the PPLU board on Wednesday probably we need the complete list of participants asap
  • Task: Markéta will again remind it to everyone
  • c) Whom to invite?
  • Mikuláš: I received some request from Greens or some party in Italy to come to the meeting and present themselves and discuss some kind of a cooperation.
  • Peter: It is our event and the goal is the CEEP and thus they can present themselves unofficially, but it should stay primarily Pirate.
  • Mikuláš: We should vote on it, so that I can say it to them officially.
  • Proposal:
  • The PPEU Board is open to anyone to join the meeting in Luxembourg, but due to the character of the meeting focused on the Pirate EP campaign doesn't invite anyone officially and conversations held there with other parties or organizations will have an informal character.
  • YES:Peter, Antigone, Magnus, Markéta, Mikuláš, Tony
  • NO:
  • ABS:
  • Task: Mikuláš and Peter will inform those who asked him about joining the meeting.
  • Task: Set up an invitation form for these organizations and individuals (Markéta, will send the sheet with registrees to Peter).
  • d) The question of Council meeting
  • The meeting in LUX will not be an official Council Meeting. The Council meeting will be organzed later.
  • Technical video chat for signing can be done here, for example: https://meet.jit.si/
  • But feel free to discuss it with your PPLU IT guys, Peter. :) What is the best solution.
  • 7. Meeting in Strasbourg (PPFR, 20 minutes)
  • - 11th February?
  • - Reimbursement costs might get covered if connected with the Parliament visit
  • - Common Campaign: “Hack the European Parliament”
  • - press conference on one day
  • - hacking the plenary
  • We discussed the point, and our stance is that it would be better to have it nearer the EU-elections, preferably in late april.
  • 8. External communication, public statement and PR (OhJ)
  • recent events
  • previous communication strategy of the board
  • Postponing to the next meeting.
  • 9. Any other business (AOB)

5. NEXT MEETING
Next meeting: Will be decided by Doodle.
Meeting closed at 22:35 CET by Markéta