The European Pirate Party

Meeting of the PPEU board 3.2.2019, 16:00 CET (15:00 UTC)
Statutes: https://wiki.ppeu.net/doku.php?id=statutes:final
Rop: https://wiki.ppeu.net/doku.php?id=documents:rop

FYI: Members of the Board (for use as template)
C: Markéta Gregorová (PP-CZ)
VC: Salvör Kristjana Gissurardóttir (PP-IS)
VC: Mikulás Peksa (PP-CZ)
BM: Antigone (Gabrielle Nereuil PP-FR)
BM: Oktavía Hrund Jónsdóttir (PPIS)
BM: Antonios Motakis (PP-GR)
BM: Ernst Spitaler (PP-AT)
BM: Magnus Andersson (PP-SE)
TR: Peter Freitag (PP-LU)

Who is responsible for what (allocation/roles):
See chart: https://owncloud.ag-technik.de/owncloud/index.php/s/7G0SjxKr8UkkZoi
Resources:
See chart: https://owncloud.ag-technik.de/owncloud/index.php/s/yA75tlUyzVHzF2b
Mailing Lists:
https://lists.european-pirateparty.eu/sympa
Website: https://european-pirateparty.eu
Wiki:
http://ppeu.net/wiki/doku.php
News CEEP:
https://wntt.eu
Groupware:
https://kopano.ag-technik.eu/webapp

1. MINUTES
Meeting opened at: 16:10
Meeting chaired by: Markéta
Secretary for this meeting: everyone
Recording: Markéta

1.1. - Participants
C: Markéta Gregorová (PP-CZ)
VC: Salvör Kristjana (PP-IS)
VC: Mikulás Peksa (PP-CZ)
BM: Antigone (Gabrielle Nereuil PP-FR)
BM: Oktavía Hrund Jónsdóttir (PPIS)
BM: Antonios Motakis (PP-GR)
BM: Ernst Spitaler (PP-AT)
BM: Magnus Andersson (PP-SE)

1.2. - Excused TR: Peter Freitag (PP-LU)

1.3. - Not excused

1.4. - Guests

1.5. - Pad: https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/board_meeting_03

2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/board_meeting_02
YES: Oktavía Hrund Jónsdottir, Markéta Gregorová, Mikuláš Peksa, Antigone, Magnus, Tony
NO:
ABSTENTIONS:

3. AGENDA

  • 1. Reports of the Board (Board, 20 minutes)
  • C: Markéta Gregorová (PP-CZ)
  • - edited the european-pirateparty.eu website
  • - came up with the memorandum and three core topics, working on them right now
  • VC: Salvör Kristjana (PP-IS)
  • nothing to report
  • VC: Mikulás Peksa (PP-CZ)
  • informed the people who wanted to join the Luxembourgh meeting as was tasked
  • BM: Antigone (Gabrielle Nereuil PP-FR)
  • nothing special to report
  • The CEEP was voted and some part were excluded (see common pad)
  • BM: Oktavía Hrund Jónsdóttir (PPIS)
  • Had meeting with the CP and the treasurer (2 different meetings). Mainly on budgetary and planning oriented
  • BM: Antonios Motakis (PP-GR)
  • nothing to report
  • BM: Magnus Andersson (PP-SE)
  • meeting to ratify CEEP - mostly accepted, one part excluded
  • TR: Peter Freitag (PP-LU)excused)
  • 2. Tasks from previous meeting
  • a) As long there is no GDPR issues, the account movement will be wikified by Marketa - done: https://wiki.ppeu.net/doku.php?id=documents:bank
  • b) Markéta will again remind it to everyone - been done
  • c) Mikuláš and Peter will inform those who asked him (who him?) about joining the meeting
  • d) Set up an invitation form for these organizations and individuals (Markéta, will send the sheet with registrees to Peter) - done
  • 3. Invoices (Treasurer, 10 minutes)
  • - When is the deadline for payment?
  • (OhJ: it would be nice for us to set a date)
  • Magnus: what is reasonable? One month for 2018/19?
  • OhJ:
  • 1. will there be a process that allows financially challenged parties to apply for a waiving of fee and/or minimizing fees? (PPPL in Prague mentioned %)
  • 2. Suggests there will be a 2 boardmember working group that looks at: 1. statutes, 2. voting rights and options, = present the information with a suggested deadline. Will also give a good suggestion of how the statutes could look.
  • - Statutes re. concequenses for non-payment and status needs to be a process if allowed to minimize fees.
  • ES: we need to interpret the statutes, what exactly they say on this, what liberties there are to waive fees, and that in cases where parties cannot pay their fees we need to look at the reason and see if the statutes include rules covering this particular case. We also need to reach an agreement on what it means when the statutes make no mention of what to do. If we have to revoke voting rights due to non payment, we need to make it clear to the party concerned that we are bound by the statutes, but in that we amend them asap because our goal should be maximal inclusion and cooperation and money should not stand in the way of that.
  • Task: to go through the statutes and present a summary of information with a suggested deadline (Magnus, Ernst, Markéta can help?)
  • 6. Luxembourg meeting (everyone, 20 minutes)
  • a) How will it be solved technically for the remote participants, via meet.jit.si?
  • b) Is there anything we can help you with?
  • 7. External communication, public statement and PR (OhJ)
  • OhJ: It would be great to have a strategy on this. I would like to work on this and set clearer marks and structures for this.
  • Ernst+OhJ+Mikulas+Marketa+Salvör will come together and discuss options and do a write up that may become a draft for a comms
  • - recent events
  • - previous communication strategy of the board
  • 8. Update on the Registration information update
  • (OhJ) I am working with Peter on this. He and I are on the same page now
  • 10. Any other business (AOB)
  • Ernst: Thanasis (PPGR) has been assaulted by police, PPAT reacted to it, one newspaper got back to us, PPEU should demonstrate unity among European Pirates
  • Discussion with Tony and Mikuláš.
  • Task: contact Thanasis and get an update on the situation so we can determine an appropriate course of action

4. NEXT MEETING
Next meeting: Will be decided by Doodle.
Meeting closed at 17:25 CET by Markéta.