The European Pirate Party

Meeting of the PPEU board 25.9.2019, 21:00 CEST

Members of the Board (for use as template)
FYI: Members of the Board (for use as template)
C: Markéta Gregorová (PP-CZ)
VC: Salvör Kristjana Gissurardóttir (PP-IS)
VC: Mikulás Peksa (PP-CZ)
BM: Antigone (Gabrielle Nereuil PP-FR)
BM: Oktavía Hrund Jónsdóttir (PPIS)
BM: Antonios Motakis (PP-GR)
BM: Ernst Spitaler (PP-AT)
BM: Magnus Andersson (PP-SE)
TR: Peter Freitag (PP-LU)

1. MINUTES

Meeting opened at: 21:18
Meeting chaired by: Marketa Gregorová - PPCZ
Secretary for this meeting: all
Recording: PiratesOnAir
Link: https://owncloud.ag-technik.de/s/qAeNbz6pjsnbndr

1.1. - Participants

Markéta Gregorová (PP-CZ)
Antigone (PP-DE)
Salvör Kristjana Gissurardóttir (PP-IS)
Magnus Andersson (PP-SE)
Ernst Spitaler (PP-AT)
Antonios Motakis (PP-GR)
Oktavía Hrund Jónsdóttir (PP-IS)

1.2. - Excused

1.3. - Not excused

1.4. - Guests

Macburns, PP-DE,
Bastian, PP-DE
@PiratesOnAir
ThomasG, PPDE
Exile (Pirata.cat)
ZombB (Jens Stomber) PP-DE
Numero6 PTDR

1.5. - Pad:

2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES

https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/board_meeting_09
YES: Markéta, Salvör, Ernst, Magnus, Antigone, Oktavía
NO:
ABSTENTIONS:

3. AGENDA

1. Reports of the Board (Board, 20 minutes)

C: Markéta Gregorová (PP-CZ)
- dealing with membership fees, sending out e-mails, situation doesn't look too good; we are in a need to change the statutes
- CM place chosen: Milan, 2nd-3rd November, thank you everyone for participation!
- please remind the deadlines everywhere - nominations to the board till 2nd October and comment in Statutes proposal please
(https://wiki.ppeu.net/doku.php?id=5th_council_meeting_2019:other_items)
- also I'm trying to help with our media presence, so that it is not shifted just towards MEPs; hopefully I found a volunteer who will talk to other PPs and force them to share their news :)

VC: Salvör Kristjana Gissurardóttir (PP-IS)
Preparations for the CM, three nominations to the board confirmed from Iceland

VC: Mikulás Peksa (PP-CZ)
follows later on

BM: Antigone (Gabrielle Nereuil PP-DE)

- Local Elections in France in march 2020 - tense social situation in the country
- About the proposal of an online meeting on feed-back for the process around the common wirting of the european program - proposal : third week of october

BM: Oktavía Hrund Jónsdóttir (PPIS)
Primarily assisting in preparations for the CM and board work (and PPIS work) relating to the CM

BM: Antonios Motakis (PP-GR)
Has been mostly on trips since mid-June so haven't been very active :'(

BM: Ernst Spitaler (PP-AT)

BM: Magnus Andersson (PP-SE)
No activity from my side.

TR: Peter Freitag (PP-LU)
not present

2. Tasks from the previous meeting:

1) Marketa to write emails concerning invoices and membership fees to the council members. - done, we need to discuss it
2) Marketa: send a reminder of the call for Council meeting location. - done, we have a place
3) Mikulas: write to Sebastian and ask re. line 121 on the suggestion from Jens Stomber
4) Mikulas: set up an IT meeting in August with council members, specifically PPCZ, PPDE to be present. OhJ asked to join
Meeting had happend in August (4,5 hrs), being present German head of IT, PPDE General Secretary, Other IT, CZ IT, Mikulas, German Int. Team. members etc. - Fruitful meeting, exchange on who is capable on doing what in IT, a further collaboration has been accepted. A collaboration Mailing List has been established. The actual work just needs to start. Ideas what to do first has been accepted. On the MEPs view, one Person is employed, the Strategy on MEPs IT is be worked out atm. So “maybe” PPEU might provide the basis. Domains needs to be transfered. Costs even for the past needs to be taken care of. Discussion for the use of the domains handed over needs to be discussed among the board. (some 650 € are estimated in costs. Details will follow as M. is not at his office chair). If there had been made decisions about “costs” and such had been made or needs to be done, needs to be checked. M. will provide the details known.
5) Oktavía: set up a a meeting OhJ, Mikulas on step 0 in including getting in touch with Bastian and then following a GDPR meeting both online and in person - Oktavía, Mikuláš, Bastian
6) Oktavía: roles and responsibilities document: draft a document and share with board. - new board shall finish the final form
7) Peter: check this document about budget spending:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1C4vuguYufGTPkx3xRusvqLYHTVlPKqnnwReTKbaJ0bM/edit#gid=0
8) Antigone: Will write an e-mail about online meeting of the members to share feedback on the program writing and in general on the council meetings and PPEu, so that everyone is happy :) - still to do

3. Council meetings - planning

Nominations: https://wiki.ppeu.net/doku.php?id=5th_council_meeting_2019:nominations
Changes to the statutes:
https://wiki.ppeu.net/doku.php?id=5th_council_meeting_2019:other_items Informal meeting for discussion - Friday, 27.09.2019 20:30 CEST
Details will be on the wiki a.s.a.p. Meeting will be hosted by PPIT and PPIS.
To be done: reports by the board
Content of the Council meeting needs to be discussed within the board.
Accessability to the Council meeting needs to be assured.

4. Invoices, membership fees

Markéta: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qafD-2WZUMW-dJMPn3TXSdKngjToA5lNaVJSdL_hw4w/edit?usp=sharing
- PPFR wants to first see a budget proposal, then they will pay - I consider that a logical request
- PPGR wants to stay member, but doesn't have resources - an exception from fees?
- PPBE voted to be a Observer member - someone has to process that administratively

As for CM, I think we need to discuss again the option to do the same thing as last and previous year with the voting rights. :( I see no other option. Because not all 2018 invoices are paid and 2019 haven't been send out. That is mainly the outcome of the fact that we asked for 2018 invoices after last GA, which was at the end of the year, so actually in 2019, which would mean for most parties to pay double the fee in one year (which is quite a lot). And we need to consider this when changing the statutes.

The members needs to see that the PPEU is activ for them and then they will be willing to pay the fees. The actual situation (no fees 2019) is a common failure of the board. The proposal is then to consider that the PP who payed the fees 2018, will be automatically voting member for 2019.

The PPEU would renounce to the fees 2019 but it will vote for a budget proposals that will be presented to the Council Meeting.
The budget has to be discussed by the Council and the Board will include their comments/suggestions.

The fees 2020 have to be sent as early as possible and must be paid beforce the first Council 2020.

5. Any other business (AOB)

a) PP-DE want to organize a Candidate casting for all candidates for the next PPEU Board, (around mid october)

b) Proposal from PP-DE: Please enable the archives for the mailinglists (http://lists.european-pirateparty.eu/sympa/lists ) in compliance with GDPR.
⇒ The “listmaster” of the mailinglist server can switch the archives on/off on the “Web interface for listmaster”, see https://sympa-community.github.io/manual/admin/web-interface.html
⇒ To assure GDPR compliance we recommend to consult a GDPR competend person to work out a legally bulletproof solution.

Reply from the board: The board has already agreed to enable the archives and is now working out a GDPR compliant solution.

6. Next Meeting

October meeting: https://doodle.com/poll/x4qicpqi87mtggfr
November: Council meeting
December: New board :)

Board meeting in October: 13th October, 21:00 CEST

End of meeting:

Tasks for the next meeting:
1. Make a meeting about communication/media strategy.
2. Mikulas and Oktavía have an initial meeting on GDPR, followed by a larger meeting
3. Markéta will send an e-mail with amendments and vote about budget proposal. 10 days for Council amendments, 7 days for board to work them in, then vote.
4. Mikulas to share the minutes and the offers on infrastructure work
5. Council needs to decide on backlog of fees for domains that have been covered by an individual.
6. Mikulas og Oktavía have a meeting on the budget
8) Antigone: Will write an e-mail about online meeting of the members to share feedback on the program writing and in general on the council meetings and PPEu, so that everyone is happy