User Tools

Site Tools



Meeting 5 of the 7th PPEU board 16.5.2022, 21:00 CEST/19:00 UTC

Members of the Board
C: Mikuláš Peksa (PP-CZ, PP-DE)
VC: Florie Marie (PP-FR)
VC: Alessandro Ciofini (PP-SE)
TR: Sebastian Krone (PP-DE), (PP-AT), (PP-CH)
BM: Jasmin Feratovic (PP-SI)
BM: Jan Mareš (PP-CZ)
BM: Cedric Levieux (PP-FR)
BM: Etienne Evelin (PP-FR)
BM: Petr Kocourek (PP-CZ)

Meeting opened at: 21:24 CEST
Meeting chaired by: Mikuláš
Secretary for this meeting: Alessandro

Participants: C: Mikuláš Peksa (PP-CZ, PP-DE)
VC: Alessandro Ciofini (PP-SE)
TR: Sebastian Krone (PP-DE), (PP-AT), (PP-CH)
BM: Jan Mareš (PP-CZ)
BM: Cedric Levieux (PP-FR)
BM: Jasmin Feratovic (PP-SI)
BM: Petr Kocourek (PP-CZ)

VC: Florie Marie (PP-FR)

Not excused:
BM: Etienne Evelin (PP-FR)


Approval of the agenda
Approval of the minutes of the last meeting
Reports of the Board
Hybrid Council meeting September
Asynchronous communication tool
Common European Election Programme 2024
Next meeting / schedule

60 minutes max. as meeting time

Minutes: 0.1. Approval of the agenda:
Yes: Alessandro, Bastian, Mikuláš, Jan , Petr, Jasmin
Abstain: Cédric

Agenda is approved.

0.2. Approval of the minutes of the last meeting\ Yes: Alessandro, Cédric, Mikuláš, Jasmin, Petr, Bastian
Minutes are approved.

1. Reports of the Board

C: Mikuláš Peksa (PP-CZ, PP-DE)
Mikuláš met Progressive Party from Latvia: they seemed to interested into our digital policies, but they are not going to apply to our PPEU membership.
Also we received an invition an invitation for Riga European Green Parties next June.
We got a message from a researcher interested into Liquid Democracy

VC: Alessandro
We started Discourse instance at

TR: Sebastian Krone:
Technical support
Work on the PPEU Wiki
Work on the PPEU website
Maintenance of the server
Treasurer’s business
Bank account:13,845.22 EUR

French pirates payed 2020 and 2021 fees.

2. Hybrid Council meeting September
Mikuláš reminds that Covid restrictions have been already lifted: the idea should be to give all the Council Members the chance to visit EU Parliament and participate live. For all the others, they can participate online.
We could combine it with BM to be held in Brussels.

Bastian: it's a great idea but we need to have an excellent net conditions. In the past we did not. To have real live meeting we should have no proxies. Also it's a bit expensive.
Mikuláš: we could be supported and have some financial contribution
Bastian: we can discuss the technical details later
Mikuláš: in 2006 we came out to move the society into the digital era. Now society is already in the digital era, so now we should propose a conference for the Pirate movement in order to ask which is now the core Pirate ideas and at the end to have a summary of all these contributions
Bastian: we have to events for that. ThinkTwice Conference 2022 Aug. 6-7th in Prague and also International Pirate Summer Camp 7th to 21st in Poland.
Mikuláš: can we use some budget for onsite meetings?
Bastian: we had budget already approved, around 1000 € and it could be enough or we can ask members to donate something for it
Mikuláš: motion to vote.

Motion: the board agrees to use budget (1000 €) for the incoming Council Meeting in Brussels

Yes: Alessandro, Mikuláš, Cédric, Bastian, Jan, Petr,

Motion is approved.

3. Asynchronous communication tool
We started Discourse instance at
Bastian: our last council meeting was not official because of the quorum, let's start with this test otherwise we will have a lot of things to do regarding GDPR. Let's start as soon as possible
Mikuláš: we started but we did not collect the feedback. If we will succeed to deploy over the Summer then we can start working on CEEP24 over there.
Bastian: we should ask the members if we want to use it in production or not and then in case deploy it
Mikuláš: I will send out a simple questionaire in a form, like:

“Would you like to deploy a Discourse instance for PPEU?”
“Would you like to add something else?”

4. Common European Election Programme 2024
Go for wake up the working groups.
Mikuláš: we need to fing garantors for each working group
Bastian: we have a lot of legals, etc…
Mikuláš: let's find a process that for each of the working group there is one coordinator that can do this work
Bastian: let's try to have a broadcast call
Mikuláš: I would stay on the actual structure of CEEP. This should be the starting point.
So the board approve the current structure of CEEP and I will send out communications to all respective coordinators
Nobody is opposing

5. AOB
No other business

Meeting closed at CEST 23:01 / 21:01 UTC
Next meeting: Dudle

/var/www/ · Last modified: 2022/05/16 21:27 by bastian