User Tools

Site Tools



Members of the Board
C: Mikuláš Peksa (PP-CZ, PP-DE)
VC: Florie Marie (PP-FR)
VC: Alessandro Ciofini (PP-SE)
TR: Sebastian Krone (PP-DE), (PP-AT), (PP-CH)
BM: Jasmin Feratovic (PP-SI)
BM: Jan Mareš (PP-CZ)
BM: Cedric Levieux (PP-FR)
BM: Etienne Evelin (PP-FR)
BM: Petr Kocourek (PP-CZ)
  Meeting opened at: 20:15 CET
Meeting chaired by: Mikulas
Secretary for this meeting: Mab

Participants:  C: Mikuláš Peksa (PP-CZ, PP-DE)
VC: Florie Marie (PP-FR)
TR: Sebastian Krone (PP-DE), (PP-AT), (PP-CH)
BM: Jan Mareš (PP-CZ)
BM: Etienne Evelin (PP-FR)
BM: Cedric Levieux (PP-FR)

VC: Alessandro Ciofini (PP-SE)

Not excused:

Guests: Mattias Bjärnemalm (Mab), Pirate Network Officer for the Pirate delegation in the European Parliament
Martin Cronel (PP-FR)
Jérôme (PP-FR)
Nicolas “Faro” Petitdemange (PP-FR)
Joe (PP-US)

Agenda: 0.1. Approval of the agenda
0.2. Approval of the minutes of the last meeting:

1. Follow up on the decision for the timeline fore the CEEP and next steps
2. Council Strasbourg 2023
3. PPI General assembly \ 4. AOB
5. Next meeting / schedule

60 minutes max. as meeting time

Minutes: 0.1. Approval of the agenda:

Yes: Mikuláš, Florie, Cédric, Jan
Abstain: Bastian

Agenda is approved
  0.2. Approval of the minutes of the last meetings

Yes: Florie, Bastian, Jan
Abstain: Mikuláš, Cédric

Minutes approved

1 Follow up on the decision for the timeline for the CEEP and next steps

The previous board meeting decided: “1The board will sort out within October the CEEP BM responsible and the timeline for the whole CEEP process”. Below is a proposal for a timeline to be discussed/approved by the board

Mikulas presented the proposal drafted by Mab:

Proposal drafted by Mab:

Phase one - Preparations
  Call for interest for thematic WGs and their respective coordinator role
· Time: ongoing. Deadline for coordinators 6th of December
· place: online, link:
· Responsible: Board
We have a new link for people to sign up their interest to be part of the thematic WGs that will work with the different chapters of the text. To encourage participation it will be possible to join the WGs throughout the process. Deadline to apply to be a coordinator is set to 6th of December for the initial allocation of coordinators.
Next steps: The Chair will send out a renewed email calling for people to register to the WGs and express interest in being coordinators.
   Selection of Coordinators for the thematic WGs
· Time: December 13
· Place: Board meeting
· Responsible: Board
Based on the applications the board will select the coordinators for the WGs. The board will also be able to replace inactive coordinators or fill vacancies throughout the process.
Next steps: the chair will compose a proposal to be discussed at the next board meeting
  Phase two - Drafting
  Online discussions and drafting of the content
· Time: January to March
· Place: Discourse
· Responsible: Thematic WG Coordinators
We will try to get Discourse up and running so it can be used for the drafting of the chapters.
Next steps: The chair shall be responsible for pushing forward with setting up the Discourse instance that we want to use
<s>To discuss: what do we do if we don't get the Discourse up and running in time?

Physical CEEP Conference
· Time: 15 April 2023
· Place: Strasbourg
· Responsible: Board
It proved very useful last time to have a physical meeting to push things forward. To save travel time and resources, this event will be organized in conjunction with the next Council meeting, and a visit to the European Parliament in Strasbourg.
Next steps: someone shall have the overall responsibility for the conference.
Mab, with the help of the French pirates, shall be responsible for finding a suitable venue.
The chair shall check with the Pirate delegation about the interest of organizing a side event in connection with the council meeting \\   Alessandro shall be responsible for organizing the visit to the European Parliament
  Presentation of final draft, and invitation to counterproposals
· Time: April 2023
· Place: Discourse
· Responsible: Board
The board should, together with the thematic coordinators, use the input from the CEEP Conference to prepare a final draft and put online. At the same time it should open up for formal proposals for changes from the European Pirate Party Member parties, that can be voted on by the Council.
  Phase 3 - Finalizing
  Agreeding on the final text
· Time: June 2023
· Place: online Council meeting \\  · Responsible: Council
In previous years, we have worked with a sort of consensus model to decide which parts are finally approved and included in the text. Ideally, the process should have led us to a place where the whole text is adopted unanimously. If not, we will have to vote between counterproposals until there’s one text left, and then see which parts of that text can get the backing to be included in the CEEP.
  Ratification of the CEEP
· Time: from June 2023 to January 2024
· Place: decentralized to the member parties
· Responsible: Member parties
  Signing of the CEEP (tbc)
· Time: January 2024
· Place: TBC - Ideally where the event would boost local visibility
· Responsible: Board
Organizing an event to formally signing and presenting the final text could be used as a publicity stunt and to draw attention to the final text. This should be done at a location that could benefit from the attention, and ideally by party leaders in person.

Approval of the proposed timeline above
  Yes: Mikuláš, Cédric, Jan, Bastian, Etienne, Florie

The timeline was approved

2. Council Strasbourg 2023   Etienne presented the French proposal:
  The French Pirate Party would like to co-organize the event.
This would be done for two reasons:
1) This would allow us to add some French content during the first day, open to the public.
2) We would be ready to share the cost for the rent of the venue. There is a budget of 3000 euro that can be used for this event.\\  The French would take responsibilities for the practical organisation of the event. Some workshops would have to be organized in French during the days.
The length of the event would be extended to start already on Friday evening.
  The French Pirates offer to put forward a detailed proposal for this co-hosting to the next board meeting. This should include a timetable and a budget
  The venue should have a proper LAN connection to satisfy the needs for streaming.
  Approval of the French proposal
  Yes: Etienne, Mikuláš, Cédric, Florie, Jan
Abstain: Bastian

The proposal was approved

Etienne volunteered to be responsible for the Council meeting on behalf of the board.

Remark from Bastian: I am very glad that I have been relieved of my responsibility for the organisation again. See roles in the RoP. ;-) \\ 

3. PPI General assembly
10.-11.12.2022 in Prague (hybrid)
Bastian is in Prague in person. Jan too

Mikulas proposes that Jan should represent PPEU at the PPI General assembly.

Yes: Mikuláš, Cédric, Bastian, Florie, Etienne
Abstain: Jan

The proposal was approved.
  4. AOB   4.1 Second Chamber Survey
Etienne has finished the survey for the second chamber and it will be sent to the member parties no later than the end of the week.
  4.2 Joe (US Pirates) sends his greetings from the other side of the pond
  4.3 Report of the Treasurer Sebastian Krone
Technical support
Work on the PPEU Wiki
Work on the PPEU website
Maintenance of the server
Setup new server for Mattermost
Moving servers to another hoster

Treasurer’s business
Bank account:13.695,22 EUR
What is the next step for the bank power of attorney?
What is the status of the registration in Luxembourg?

5. Next meeting / schedule
Next meeting: Mikuláš will file a doodle.
Meeting closed at 22:02 CET / 21:03 UTC\\ 

/var/www/ · Last modified: 2022/11/29 21:29 by bastian