User Tools

Site Tools



Meeting 4 of the 6th. PPEU board 24.02.2021, 19:00 CET/18:00 UTC

Members of the Board (for use as template)
C: Mikuláš Peksa (PP-CZ, PP-DE)
VC: Florie Marie (PP-FR)
VC: Katla Hólm Þórhildardóttir (PP-IS)
TR: Sebastian Krone (PP-DE, PP-AT, PP-CH)
BM: Alessandro Ciofini (PP-IT, PP-SE)
BM: Jan Mareš (PP-CZ)
BM: Lukáš Doležal (PP-CZ)
BM: Mia Utz (PP-DE)
BM: Oliver Herzig (PP-DE)

Meeting opened at: 19:05
Meeting chaired by: Mikuláš
Secretary for this meeting: Katla
Recording: PiratesOnAir & YouTube
Link to the recording:

Sebastian Krone
Mia Utz
Lukáš Doležal
Katla Hólm
Mikuláš Peksa
Oliver joined at 19:30

Honza is late .. shuffled in 20:00 h

Not excused:

Etienne (CoCC) - PPFR Marco (CoCC)
Olivia: PP-US guest
ZombB: Jens from PP-DE
Michael Sinclair from PP-Bavaria (DE)
Thanasis from PP-GR

An issue regarding a guest that will not identify himself to the attendees of the meeting.
In line with the Code of Conduct, stating a safe environment for all attendees of board meetings, Katla suggests that members that refuse to identify themselves will not be allowed to participate.
Will we “kick” numero6 out of the room, thus creating an example for future procedures?

Yes: Mia, Mikuláš, Lukáš, Florie, Katla,Alessandro
Abstain: Bastian
Motion has passed, and chair executes the motion.
Note from chair: if numero6 feels violated in any way he is urged to contact the Code of Conduct Council for a resolution.

Chair asks for any suggestions on agenda. There are no suggestions.
There is some trouble with the streaming, so slight delay in beginning the meeting.

1. Reports
2. Rules of procedure
3. Moderation on Mattermost
4. Media team
5. AOB
5.1. E-mail received from “Only Citizen”
5.2. Common Board meeting with PPI
5.3 Registration process


Approval of the agenda
Yes: Bastian, Katla, Lukáš, Exile, MIkuláš, Alessandro, Mia,Florie,
Agenda is approved.

Approval of the minutes of the last meeting

Yes: Mikuláš, Alessandro,Mia, Bastian, Florie
Abstain:Exile, Katla
Minutes are approved.

1. Reports C: Mikuláš Peksa (PP-CZ, PP-DE)
Registration work, attending working groups.

VC: Florie Marie (PP-FR)
No reports, sorry ! (The streaming works !)

VC: Katla Hólm Þórhildardóttir (PP-IS)
No reports at this time.

TR: Sebastian Krone (PP-DE, PP-AT, PP-CH)
The cloud was cleaned up
Meetings of working groups were prepared
I participated in two meetings to prepare the rules of procedure
I sent out the invitation for the technology working group

BM: Alessandro Ciofini (PP-IT, PP-SE)
BM: Jan Mareš (PP-CZ)
BM: Lukáš Doležal (PP-CZ)
Social media stuff, working on campagning for the future like “Project Banksy”

BM: Mia Utz (PP-DE)
Attended the media group. Took the twitter task working group together with Olivia and Tomas.
Asked the CoCC for weekly consultation hour/s. or consultation time according to appointment.
Asked for changes in the Code of Conduct Manifesto, more precisely, asked for more detailed descriptions and connotations of some points, esp. the notion: harassment.
I also proposed a supplementary point, underlining protection and respect for our institutions and organizations. Which is our high and precious aim. It also means, that we respect these achieved results, others have already built up for us.

BM: Oliver Herzig (PP-DE)
Election campaign … finalized now, succes ok but now internal discussions as it is a coalition between several political groups, … quiet trickly as “CUP” might be determinating for a possible new catalan goverment following the currents discussions on int. level

2. Rules of procedure
Proposal from a working group(Mikulas, Mia, Bastian, Alessandro): The working group used the code of conduct maifesto as a guideline
Discussion: Katla would like to note that this is excellent work and thanks the participants for their effort. Mikulas stresses the change on voting for the board, as well as changes regarding treasurer and restrictions regarding allowances.
General disscussion on the rules. No suggestions for change. Points made on what needs to be put into code of conduct procedures and so on.
Is there a suggestion on changes that is seconded by a board member?
Michael Sinclair suggests changing in article 3:
“Guests that disrupt the meeting can be excluded by the chairperson.”
“Guests that disrupt or corrupt the meeting can be excluded by the chairperson.”
Proposal seconded by Alessandro, so it will be put into a vote:
No objections, so it is consensually approved.

Suggestion from Bastian:

We as a the Board are against any comments, actions or propaganda that encourages discrimination related to gender, gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, sexual characteristics, physical appearance, disability, or age.

No objections, so it is consensually approved.

Vote on the RoP including the preamble and Katla's amendment:

Yes: Mikuláš, Exile, Katla, Alessandro, Lukáš, Bastian, Jan, Florie,Mia

Unanimously adopted.

Florie leaves the meeting at 20:30

3. Moderation on Mattermost
How can we improve communication on mattermost channels?
There are current problems with bullying, and general nasty behaviour.
Can we tackle this together?

Katla: Iceland undertook massive work in online communication, Gamithra and others in PP-IS have experience with structure improvement.
It is a complicated issue, as PPEU consists of many parties with different rules, and moderating a big platform is a full time job. The problem is more cultural. Admin and moderators are maybe not reasonable for such a big platform. Mikulas: it is useful to delegate projects to people that know information in better details. Create a structure that delegates this burden that online platforms are.

Katla suggests to put together a proposal on how to procede, with consult from the CoCC. She will bring said proposal to the board before taking formal steps on forming a group on the matter. This might result in a working group on creating moderation rules, or an online class in “online etiquettes” or whatever else.The board can agree on the procedure via postal votes on mattermost.
I.E. Katla will report to the board on different ways to go, including important questions to address, in order to improve online culture within the Pirates of Europe.

No objections - Katla has the job. :-D

4. Media team
Media people candidates: is there something to be responsible to answer users coming from our media channels?
Here is the list
Facebook – Lukáš, Lucie, Nikki
Twitter – Olivia, Mia, Tomáš
WordPress – Lucie, Ondřej, Nikki?
GitHub - Let's propose a call with all PPEU members and Lukáš will be the gitlab manager
Language should be English.

We have a consensus here.

(Marco from CoCC left the meeting at 21:10)

5. AOB
5.1. E-mail received from “Only Citizen”
There is an initiative to asking us to address EU: it will be reported to next BM.

5.2. Common Board meeting with PPI
We would like to organise a joint PPEU-PPI meeting.

Katla is proposing an extra meeting for joint meeting and Bastian second it.
It should be done in afternoon to be able to gather partecipation from all timezones.
(i.e. 14:00 CET)
PPI could ask us a formal invitation to their next meeting and we will accept.

5.3 Registration process
Is it fine to share all PPEU board members IDs to FIO Bank?
If you would like to provide your induvidual consent, please vote YES
If you want to share your consent to share your data, you vot YES to provide your consent.

Yes: Katla, Alessandro, Lukáš, Mia, Jan, Bastian, Exile

Next Meeting / Session End

Next meeting: 17.03.2021, 19:00 CET / 18:00 UTC
Meeting closed at 21:33 CET / 20:33 UTC

/var/www/ · Last modified: 2021/02/24 21:04 by bastian