User Tools

Site Tools



Meeting of the PPEU board 15.12.2019, 18:00 CET

Members of the Board (for use as template)
C: Mikuláš Peksa (PP-CZ, PP-DE)
VC: Oktavía Hrund Jónsdóttir (PP-IS)
VC: Markéta Gregorová (PP-CZ)
BM: Gamithra Marga (PP-IS)
BM: Oliver Herzig
BM: Katla Hólm Þórhildardóttir (PP-IS)
BM: Florie Marie (PP-FR)
BM: Lukáš Lev Červinka (PP-CZ)
TR: Alessandro Ciofini (PP-IT)

Meeting opened at: 18:43
Meeting chaired by: Mikuláš
Secretary for this meeting: Katla, (Markéta helping)
Recording: Mikuláš
Link: to follow

Participants: Markéta Gregorová, Katla Hólm Þórhildardóttir, Oliver Herzig, Mikuláš Peksa, Florie Marie
Excused: Oktavía Hrund Jónsdóttir (PP-IS) (possibly join near 6 pm GMT), Gamithra Marga (might watch pad), Alessandro Ciofini
Not excused: Lukáš Lev Červinka
last meeting (minutes):


Reports of the Teams (15 minutes)
Tasks from the previous meeting
Registration (10 minutes)
Communication strategy (10 minutes)
Domains & infrastructure (20 minutes)
Budget preparations (10 minutes)
Any other business (10 minutes)
Organization of the future meetings (15 minutes)


0. Approval of the agendav YES: Markéta, Mikuláš, Katla, Exile, Florie

1. Reports of the Teams

A) IT and infrastructure team
- Mikuláš went to Luxembourg to update the Statutes, found some discrepancies in FR and EN lagnuage versions
- our main domain is prolonged, preliminary agreement with Bastian to prolong it, so there weill be another invoice

B) Communication team

C) Administrative team
- list of relevant elections all over EU and list of GAs - Gamithra is on it, I shared with her my past list of international contacts and coordinators
- Gamithra contacted Katla and offered her to participate in the project, Katla will be able in the start of January to focus on that work.
- European Citizen Initiative to legalise file sharing for private and not commercial use all over European Union (Italian committee has been already registered) - Alessandro working on that
- organize statues update changes - Marketa needs to ask about specification

2. Tasks from the previous meeting


Board of the European Pirates
1. takes note of existing differences between french version of Statues recorded in Luxembourg Bussiness record and the english version of Statues published on the web as given in
2. reminds Art. 3 (1) of the Statues as a base for solving above mentioned divergence between the Statues versions.
3. considers process of amending Art. 21 by Motion 3 of 4th Council meeting to be unfinished and therefore overriden by Motion 5 of 5th Council meeting.
4. approves translation of statues changes made by 5th Council meeting and corrections as given in
5. instructs the Chairperson to change the information listed in Luxembourg Bussiness record appropriately.v - No questions or comments from attending meeting members.

YES: Alessandro, Exile, Marketa, Florie, Mikuláš, Katla

- Motion is passed with six yes's and meeting proceeds.

Communication strategy
A meeting is suggested for Tuesday at 6 pm GMT to discuss the current draft and to hand out tasks in fleshing out numerous things. Detailed time will be used to disscuss the affects of GDPR on current social media presense and the changes needed to be compliant.v

Domains & infrastructure

Board of the European Pirates
1. takes note of the misunderstanding with respect to registration of the PPEU domains as they are properly registred as property of the Association.
2. gratefully thanks to Sebastian Krone and his coworkers for maintaining the domains and IT infrastructure.
3. approves repayment of the debth for domain maintainance in total amount of 609 € provided invoices for hosting and domain renewal are presented to the board.

Alessando: note: if we don't know who they are, resolution 4 is meaningless)
Mikuláš: separated into another decision

YES: Alessandro, Exile, Markéta, Katla, Mikuláš
Abstained: Florie

- Motion is approved with 5 yes's. Alessandro cast his vote before the meeting and no changes have been made to the motion from the time of his vote.

Current PPEU account in Fio bank (owner “Parti Pirate Européen” in the left top corner)

Board of the European Pirates
1. kindly asks Sebastian Krone to close Postbank account owned by the Association and transfer all the remaining money to the Fio bank account of the Association.
2. takes note of the misunderstanding with respect to registration of the Fio banka account of the association, that was wrongly considered to be PPCZ account.

YES: Mikuláš, Markéta, Katla, Exile, Florie

- Motion is approved with five yes's. Meeting proceeds.

Board of the European Pirates provides following resources to the Pirate delegation in the European Parliament
1. email boxes or email aliases in format for all employees the delegation
2. email boxes

3. subdomains

OHJ - PPIS: For what purpose do the employees need email adresses?, to whom with the 2. email adresses forward to or who will have access to them? Who are the employees and how many are there? The are GDPR compliance issues relating to email address, content and/or process in that regard relating not only to access control but to content as well. Has the delegation/person putting the motion forth considered those?
Marketa: Not against he idea of such e-mail adressess but expressess worries about this being in line with EU Parliament rules, that is that employees of the parliament are not ment to do work outside the parliament. Florie agrees. Katla agrees.
Katla: What would be the costs?
Marketa: Concensus to ask head of office in EUP about the rules of such e-mails with employees, and to find out the cost.
Florie: Points out how contacts disappear when an email disappears, when one quits its role.
Florie:Who will contact us?
Exile: It's a personal decision to have an email account and everybody should take the decision themselves.
Florie: When you are in an organization, an email account is not a personal thing.

Disscussion postponed for more information and more people to join the disscussion.

YES: Alessandro
NOTE: can we have an idea about annual expenses regarding all these IT activities?

Budget preparations


1. IT costs: estimate
2. Communications: estimate


Annual fees 2019
1. total still due 5700 €
2. previsional incoming: 5100 €
ohj - PPIS: provisional?

3. Any other business:
Annual fees 2020 to be discussed before first annual meeting with all PP's Treasurers.
Opened issues: to collect the whole list of all Treasurers. Then to have a meeting with all of them (online?) (ohj PPIS: good idea)
Last: how to determinate the annual fee? Statute seems to be a bit extravagant about it (art. 13)

Exile: Collecting the whole list of treasurers needs to happen.
Katla: Can that task be done at the same time as finding out all the GA and relevant elections in Europe?

Mikulas: Suggests to postpone this disscussion until Alessandro is present since these issues are very relevant to his role.

No objections to postpone.

4. Organization of the future meetings

Mikulas asks if the 29th of December could work for the next meeting?
Katla: Not optimistic about attendance or a lot of things happening until then. Suggest January 5th or 12th.
Marketa: Should ask the rest of board before deciding.
Mikulas: is there a concensus for sticking to sundays for meetings?

No one is really objecting.
Flore: We can change the hour, but it's just a proposition.
Mikulas: The time of meeting can be different.
Mikulas will send out doodle fpr next meeting
Discussion about how to announce future meetings, via which media.
Katla:I don't like to use Facebook for planning and would prefer to get an e-mail in the future with meeting time and all relevant documents to prepare for the meeting.
Mikulas: Agrees.

Meeting closed at 20:05 CET.

/var/www/ · Last modified: 2019/12/19 09:34 by bastian